1. Angels of Creation - Thomas Hewitt Jones
2. Berceuse - David Briggs
3. Toccata for St Matthew's Day - David Briggs
4. Festal Paean - Simon Whalley
5. Rhapsody - David Bednall
6. Variations: Noël Nouvelet - Philip Moore
7. Laudate - Neil Cox
The Fourteen Stations of the Cross - John Hosking
8. i. Jesus is condemned to death
9. ii. Jesus is given his cross
10. iii. Jesus falls the first time
11. iv. Jesus meets his mother
12. v. Simon of Cyrene carries the cross
13. vi Veronica wipes the face of Jesus
14. vii. Jesus falls the second time
15. viii. Jesus meets the daughters of Jerusalem
16. xi. Jesus falls the third time
17. x. Jesus is stripped of his garments
18. xi. Crucifixion: Jesus is nailed to the cross
19. xii. Jesus dies on the cross
20. xiii. Jesus' body is removed from the cross
21. xiv. Jesus is laid in the tomb and covered in incense
22. xv. Resurrection
"It is rare that one hears such a gratifying combination of new music, new organ and young player. Sebastian Thomson impresses in not only performing this collection of pieces with great verve, but also being responsible for their commission. The Tickell organ sounds exotically French for the music of David Briggs and David Bednall, and robustly English for Philip Moore’s fine variations on Noël nouvelet or Thomas Hewitt Jones’s title track, Angels of Creation. All the works of this disc are fine contributions to the organ repertory, with half the disc devoted to John Hosking’s The Fourteen Stations of the Cross – a dramatic exploitation of moods, colours and emotions."
(Choir & Organ Magazine)
"Sebastian Thomson is to be whole–heartedly praised and admired for his vision in commissioning these new works, and for committing them to CD in performances of such intense musical intelligence and technical grasp. It has been a great privilege to have been asked to be part of this, and one can only hope that the pieces here will find new audiences and promote the creation of new music for the King of Instruments."
(Dr David Bednall, Composer and Organist)
"What a delight it was to meet you and hear your fine solo playing on Saturday with the stirring Angels of Creation and your sensitive accompanying of my choral works. Thank you! The high quality of your playing was immediately obvious and it is hard to see how Angels of Creation will not be a success. I very much admire what you are doing to bring about new creations and look forward to listening to the entire recording."
(Dan Locklair, Composer)
"Congratulations to Sebastian Thomson on a 5 star review in Choir & Organ. Truly stunning playing and the best organ disc I have heard recently without a doubt. It is always good to have your compositions performed by safe hands (and feet); when they're lifted off the page and utterly transformed, it is something else altogether."
(John Hosking, Organist and Composer)